A Cool New Chapter

Every day, I get e-mail from Astrology.com with my forecast for the day. (They don't send that Hello Kitty image, though. That's a whole different deal.) Now understand: these are cheesy little forecasts. Not the highfalutin’ and actually interesting and impressive ones drafted up by Susan Miller’s awesome Astrology Zone. (That’s a monthly visit for me.) Rather, you get the feeling that some chick in a caftan and Birkenstocks is sitting in a basement apartment somewhere drafting these up, trying to sound inspired and invigorating and ambiguous enough that everyone feels included.

I read mine every day.
I’m not sure exactly why. Maybe just for the possibility of a shot of some of the feel-good mojo that Birkenstock-girl occasionally manages to squeeze into the message. Take, for instance, the one I got today:

Dear Linda,
Here is your horoscope for Friday, September 8:

Get ready to close the book on some old emotional business -- you're about to start a new chapter in your life. The stars see to it that you're more decisive and less influenced by what others think.

So that’s all good, right? Especially all the stuff about books and chapters. It has me a bit worried though: I like this chapter. I wouldn't mind chilling right here for a while. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what Birkenstock-babe has in store for me. Scary.

Comments

Popular Posts