Slow News Day?

What’s the biggest part of songstress Whitney Houston and bad boy Bobby Brown (finally!) throwing in the towel on their disturbingly public and acrimonious marriage? For me it was the fact that CNN e-mailed me a breaking news item on it. Seriously, today at 12:44 p.m. here’s what “the most trusted name in news” decided was important enough to break up my day:

Grammy-winning singer Whitney Houston has filed for divorce from husband Bobby Brown, her publicist tells The Associated Press.

I mean, seriously: this is not why I signed up for those things. I did it late in 2001 when I realized that, since I often spend hours on my computer without contact from anyone in reality, if something happens -- say the world ends -- I want to know about it. And, in case we’re not clear on this: Whitney filing for divorce -- according to her publicist -- does not count as the world ending. Hell: these guys were seldom cooing lovebirds. I’m not even sure it’s even news.

CNN’s lame news item on the topic is here.

Comments

Popular Posts