Quote of the Week: Maurice Sendak


“I have nothing now but praise for my life. I’m not unhappy. I cry a lot because I miss people. They die and I can’t stop them. They leave me and I love them more. ... What I dread is the isolation. ... There are so many beautiful things in the world which I will have to leave when I die, but I’m ready, I’m ready, I’m ready.”
Maurice Sendak died at home in Connecticut yesterday. He was 83. The outpouring has been amazing, though not surprising. Sendak was one of the most respected authors of books for children of all time.

Where the Wild Things Are, of course. But also so many more, including last year’s Bumble-Ardy.

You can read more about Sendak here on January Magazine.
“I cry a lot because I miss people. They die and I can't stop them. They leave me and I love them more.”

Comments

Popular Posts