And then there were horses...


This is Fuego, a young stallion who was born at the
Return to Freedom Sanctuary in Lompoc, California.
As many people know, I have been working on a book about elephant seals that will be published by Orca Books in the fall of 2020. When I finished that book, we were pleased enough with each other that, to my delight, Orca asked me to play again. I recently signed a contract to do a book about wild horses.
Elephant seals at Piedras Blancas. She's hollering,
but he looks like he might be thinking about romance.
Orca will publish that book in the fall of 2021. I can already tell, this is going to be another amazing journey, with heartbreaking as well as uplifting elements. Silly photo at right taken yesterday at Return to Freedom Wild Horse Sanctuary in Lompoc, California. The first of many wild horse visits I'll be gratefully doing over the next few months over several states and parts of Canada. 
 First, of course, there will be seals. There's an amazing story around how that book came to be and, of course, around the seals themselves. I'll share more of that when the cover is ready to be looked at and pre-ordering can be done. In the meantime, hold your horses.

Comments

Popular Posts