All the good blog names were taken

It's a problem.

When you're arriving to a party as late as I am, what the hell do you call your blog? Seriously, all the good blog names were scooped up in the long ago. I mean, in a world filled with blogs with handsome monikers like Confessions of an Idiosyncratic Mind, The Elegant Variation, Welcome to Limbo and the Return of the Reluctant -- to name just a very few personal favorites with enviable names -- what's a girl to do?

I opted to take the easy route: I used my name. It's mine. It's to the point. It's easy to spell. And it was right there in front of me.

Hmmmm... these early posts bring to mind the beginning of the mobile phone revolution. Do you remember -- what was it? 1995 or 1996? -- all those people on all those phones and you'd overhear them -- you just couldn't help it.

"Hey, mom? It's me! Guess where I am? No! I'm at Safeway!" Or, "Guess what I'm doing right now? I'm riding my bike!"

You never hear calls like that anymore. Well, hardly ever. I imagine I'm fairly close to entering something here that's about something other than the technology. It could happen.



Comments

Popular Posts