Women Whose Bodies Vanish While Their Garments Remain Visible

The depth and breadth of stuff available on the Web never ceases to amaze me. How could it? Often while looking for something you find the thing you never thought you were looking for in the first place. Serendipity. Or fritterware? Either way, it can be very fun.

Here’s today’s weird and wonderful example:
TFI: True Femmes Invisible also known as “Women Whose Bodies Vanish While Their Garments Remain Visible.” Good work, I guess, if you can get it.

It’s a sort of bizarre and naively constructed Geocities page (though I generally avoid those) dedicated to... you guessed it... invisible women. Lots of film stills here and some from television commercials and programs that meet the criteria: mostly oddly suspended feminine clothing.

The still shown above left is from The Man Who Wasn’t There (1983). Though, from where we’re standing it looks like it should be from The Man Who Was Surprised That the Woman Who Wasn’t There, Wasn’t There. Or something.

* Note added October 14, 2011: I just tried to follow the link and, alas, the site we previously linked to above is gone. I’m removing the link, but if anyone knows what happened to it, drop me a line and I'll add it here.

Comments

Popular Posts