Quote of the Week: “Condemnatory, Hyper-Religious Posturing”

I don’t generally post a quote of the week but this, from The Rap Sheet yesterday, was so beautifully etched, I wanted to spread it around:
I guess American Puritanism comes and goes. Thanks to today’s condemnatory, hyper-religious posturing of U.S. conservatives and the dimwitted complacency of everybody else, it seems, the country is enduring another of its prudish periods. Fortunately, those old paperbacks aren’t yet being burned on the White House lawn, and I live with confidence that these priggish times, too, will pass.
J. Kingston Pierce said it in a very interesting and informative piece called “Confronting Frontal Nudity.” It is, in part, about cover illustrations from mysteries. The piece is here.

Comments

Rudy Wellsand said…
You appear to be a 'sharp cookie!'
I read all the way down thru your blogs, down to the end Jan.10th!

I was impressed even by parts of the titles you used:
Feb. 21 Religious Posturing
Jan. 30 The Scream of an Eagle
Jan. 29 Calculated Loss
Jan. 23 The Chosen
Jan. 18 Doomsday Clock
Jan. 17 How did 'You' Get Here?
Jan. 10 More Dead Guys

These all mean something to me. On your Jan. 17th, I got to your site by accident; but the 'religious' reference is a 'poser!'

On your Jan. 30th, The 'Screaming Eagles' is a reference to the 'shoulder-Patch' of the Eagle; worn by the 101st Airborne Division that jumped by parachute out over the Normandy coast, during WWII. I was IN that Division, so it's meaningful to me!

All the rest of those blogs quoted above are of a 'religious' nature to me, especially "The Chosen;" see the following...

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY READ "CODES" RIGHT OUT OF YOUR OWN BIBLE, that "CONTROL" your Destiny?

See the "CHOSEN"Code and "COLOR"Code; VISIT: http:quadcode.blogspot.com !

Save or Print it to study.

HAVE A MUCH MORE BRILLIANT DAY!
Yeah: I thought the stuff about scrotums and bird-brains were especially religious in nature.

Popular Posts