Writing to Live. Living to Write.

It’s possible that, over the years, I’ve quoted Raymond Chandler too often on this blog. I can’t help myself. A lifetime after he shared his many words of wisdom, the ring bright and true and real. Tonight I came across a Chandler quote I hadn’t seen before. Or maybe when I saw it previously, it just didn't resonate. It did tonight:
"The actual writing is what you live for. The rest is something you have to get through in order to arrive at that point."
Maybe it’s just because so much of all of the everything else has been keeping me away from the actual writing of late. And I feel the absence of it in my heart. I have to arrange things differently, I know. Because you just never hear anyone complain that they wasted their lives writing too well or too much.

Comments

Popular Posts