Still no Hoffa. Who cares?

You gotta love the Hartford Courant. I do. With archives going back to 1764, they get to say whatever they like, and they frequently do. Here, for example, the Courant weighs in on the current Hoffa debacle. (It may be waning, but debacle it remains.)
With the possible exception of Elvis, Jimmy Hoffa is the most elusive corpse in America. Make that presumed corpse.
The piece does a good job of summing up both the historical facts of the case as well as documenting the on-going silliness.
It is tempting to say you couldn't make this stuff up, but somebody already did. It's right out of a script from last season's version of the HBO drama "The Sopranos."
Of course you can make this stuff up. Some of us even do it in public. I think maybe that's why I keep hanging on to this story. I'm passionate about mystery and this is a big one.

"Isn't it time," the Courant asks finally, "to let this mystery rest in peace?" To which I reply with a big, fat: No! This mystery needs resolution.
I'm looking forward to seeing how it all comes out in the end. Yeah, yeah. I know. There's still the possibility of those orange Speedos, that Piña Colada. But I can hope, can't I?

Comments

Popular Posts